Shariah law can't stop what it doesn't expect.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Psychology of the MSU

This is an article I recently wrote exploring the psychology of the Muslim Student Union- your typical anti-Israel activist, as well.

By no means am I saying that's all there is to them. I may even do another piece exploring their mindset further. It was kind of a fun project, putting myself in their shoes. If a little freaky.

One correction I wish I had made before submitting it for publication...

I'm not 100% sure about the "defend, don't attack" method I espouse. I based it primarily on hearing what the common, uninvolved UCI student feels about the political tension on campus.

What I should have said: if rallying, protesting, organizing, etc. against Islamic extremism or related topics, do not organize "against" it. Rather, organize "for" something.

Organize for women's rights, gay rights, religious minority rights, etc. in the Muslim world.

Show that you're supporting something, rather than demonizing something else. People always, always, always respond better to a positive message than a negative one.

Why am I still up at this hour?

3 comments:

PatriotUSA said...

You are up for the same reasons
I am! I like what you have here
at WI. I am going to add you to
my blogroll and want to ask you something?
Would you be interested
in becoming a contributer at
Patriot's Corner. The fact that
Gary posted your article speaks
volumes to me, plus what I have read here.
Think it over and let
me know and if you decide not
now or no, I am OK with that.

Here is my email address:
sidewinder340@bendbroadband.com

No hurry on this.

Gary Fouse said...

Let me add my recommendation for Patriot to that. I also write for Patriot. He is vitally interested in this issue. Great article.

Gary

Tinct said...

Thanks, both of you. Patriot, I sent you an e-mail.